HELP

Newbuild houses, industrial
ajb2515

HELP

Post by ajb2515 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi everyone.

I usually work out my prices on a day rate... But have been asked to price a much larger job on a new build development in Yorkshire, all flats.

the prices need to be in 2m an lm labour only,,,

Please help in anyway you can

Thanks in advance... :yahoo.gif:

Colin
Site Admin

Re: HELP

Post by Colin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:28 pm

When you say "work out my prices on a day rate", do you mean you know how much in m2 you can do in a day? or do you just guess it by looking at it?
Bigger jobs want meterage rates, so you are going to have to learn how to do it because guessing it could mean very expensive mistakes.
If you haven't any rates yourself and can't work some out from past jobs, next best thing is to buy yourself a pricebook, like Wessex. At least you got a ball-park figure you can adjust up and down then.

ajb2515

Re: HELP

Post by ajb2515 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:07 pm

Hahaha I usually guess at the size of the room etc. It's a total of 36 flats so I am keen to get this right or even over price as I'd rather loose it than under price but if I can get the work it will move me up another level.

I have done a bit of research and I keep getting the same figure of £5 per Sqm but is this for 2 coats and Labour only or to include a standard price paint.....