Panel van

Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Startups
basil

Panel van

Post by basil » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:25 am

I started trading earlier this year and have been using family saloon car - not ideal particularly when sharing car with wife. I need to buy a panel van and am thinking of a Citroen Berlingo ? My budget is limited and I can't stretch to a Transit Connect or VW Caddy - any recommendations or better still anyone thinking of selling preferably in London / Surrey area ?

nickj

Re: Panel van

Post by nickj » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:33 pm

i've got a berlingo , i only do about 3k miles per year so i don't need anything that special or with low milage , they are good for not rusting , mine's 10 yrs old and not a spot of rust on it , has got the odd spot of paint on it tho , i got it from http://www.amavans.co.uk/ which is on the the essex coast , they normally have a good selection at reasonable prices and if the guy who was running it is still there then he's really helpful
would have prefered one with a side door ,

basil

Post by basil » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:37 am

Thanks for the advice NickJ. I will check out the Essex coast guys and am now set on a Berlingo or a Dispatch.

Zimbo

Post by Zimbo » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:28 pm

I'm in same situation as Basil. Thing is I'm using a Volvo 850 estate at the moment. It's lovely to drive, with massive boot ( especially with back seats folded down) but rubbish on fuel and with 250k on the clock starting to cost on repairs. I'd be interested to know if any one has leased a van and if they think its a good idea?
I'd been told the Berlingo was good and also my mechanic rates the Transit Connect. But i think thats just cause they're easy to work on.

Robbie uk

Post by Robbie uk » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:48 am

Thing is when using a car that may be used by other family members is you have to keep emptying it out and then you forget something next time your on a job.

basil

Post by basil » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:14 pm

I ended up buying a 2007 Peugeot Expert 1.6 HL back in September for about £3.5K. I took a chance as service history was patchy but so far it is going ok. I have had a new fuel injector but nothing much else. If I had more funds I might consider a VW Transporter but for sure I feel I needed something larger than a small van.

pete the paint

Post by pete the paint » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:04 am

Defo citreon berlingo or peugeot bipper. Agree side door if poss.
If you don't ask, you'll never know!

Waterbased

Post by Waterbased » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:13 pm

Got a 57 citreon berlingo with a side door all racked LPG also petrol had it about five years ,
really pleased with it.