Dunlop acrylic caulk

Tools of the trade and discussion thereof
timjones

Dunlop acrylic caulk

Post by timjones » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:52 am

Anybody used this?
Went to a trade show at a crown decor center in Walsall yesterday and the rep had high praise indeed for the product (no suprise there) no cracking or glazing he said...... (He didn't have a free tube for me to try but said he will have some at the p+D show)

Colin
Site Admin

Re: Dunlop acrylic caulk

Post by Colin » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:46 pm

Haven't used it. Anyone got any experience?

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi guys , I haven't used that , but I need to find something !! The caulk I have used seems to stick like s...e to a blanket and is impossible to get of your hands , and then cracks up the next day. I use Geocel and have tried Polyfilla , ( at 4 times the price that it should be ) but both seem the same. It seems to me it all changed roughly 4/5 years ago , but am an old git so maybe wrong on times ! There must be something out there that works like it used to !

Craig@Decorflair

Post by Craig@Decorflair » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:41 pm

hi Scotty
I have found the same problem with the Dulux caulk, but have started using the fat hog brand from Johnstones trade centre. Had no problems with that so far.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi Craig, thanks mate , will give it a go , something has to change !

Craig@Decorflair

Post by Craig@Decorflair » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi Scotty,
stick with the white caulk and avoid the cream/brown and you should be ok. Found that you can overpaint it within an hour with no problems with cracking on emulsion or oil based.

Craig.

Mike K

Post by Mike K » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:03 pm

Absolutely love the Dunlop caulk, it's easily the best I've used, it's quite expensive compared to other brands but well worth it as it doesn't crack when over painted