Painting Shower block floors

Painting & Decorating Chat
basil

Painting Shower block floors

Post by basil » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Am working in a school environment and am looking for a decent water based floor paint. The existing paint (turquoise blue) is peeling away and worn in many areas. I think Coovar and Bedec may be good products however I am not sure my local merchant will be able to colour match ? Any ideas ?

nickj

Re: Painting Shower block floors

Post by nickj » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:37 pm

I have used Bedec floor paint which was quite good , but I would have thought that you would need something more substantial than w/b for high traffic areas , probably a 2 pack finish , Johnstones do one , i've not used it tho [url][/https://www.johnstonestrade.com/product ... loor-paint]

basil

Post by basil » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks Nick, I totally agree that something more permanent would be better however I think in this case the school is looking for a temporary fix until next summer contractor works.

basil

Post by basil » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:47 pm

I now have a problem with the Bedec acrylic floor paint peeling away in some areas. Applied 2 coats and all looked good when completed however I am now thinking of spot priming the areas which have peeled and then painting over again with the Bedec. I realise that a 2 pack finish would have better in the first place however please can anyone recommend a good and suitable primer ? The flooring is concrete and is a high traffic shower block. Thanks !